All staff, trainees, and investigators who wish to conduct research involving human participants under the auspices of Women’s College Hospital will be required to complete the following web-based training:
- Good Clinical practice (GCP)
- Responsible Conduct of Research (RCR)
- Basic Biomedical Research Ethics
- Health Canada Division 5: It is mandatory to complete training in Health Canada Division 5 for anyone involved in conducting research activities for Health Canada-regulated clinical trials (industry-sponsored or investigator-initiated).
- Institutional authorization to proceed with new or ongoing studies will be tied to course completion
- The above-named courses shall be completed through the CITI Program at the University in Miami
- Please create an account with the CITI Program to complete the courses
The Collaborative Institutional Training Initiative (CITI) – Canada Education Program
Network of Networks (N2) is an alliance of Canadian research networks and organizations working to enhance national clinical research capability and capacity. N2 provides a common platform for sharing best practices, resources, and research-related content to ensure efficient and high-quality research and integrity of clinical practices and accountability.
N2 has partnered with the CITI program at the University of Miami to develop comprehensive courses on a variety of research related matters. These tools will support investigators and research staff in their efforts to demonstrate the accountability critical to clinical research.
For more information about the requirements for education in research ethics at WCRI, please contact Melissa Sidhu, Research Ethics Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org