The SCOPE team at Women’s College Hospital is currently accepting applicants for an exciting one year post-doctoral fellowship.
The SCOPE program is a primary care integration model shown to improve care delivery for complex patients without access to interdisciplinary teams. Since launching in 2012, SCOPE has successfully expanded into fifteen hospitals and is expecting to spread across 50 additional settings in Ontario over the next three years. The aims of this project are to support the spread of the SCOPE program and advance the science of spread and adaptation. Specific questions will include:
What can we learn from the literature on spread and scale of virtual models to support primary care providers?
To what extent does the effectiveness of the SCOPE model vary by setting?
The project will be informed by the Nonadoption, Abandonment, Scale-up, Spread, and Sustainability (NASSS) framework and will focus on two components: First, a scoping review will be conducted on spread and scale efforts by similar virtual models to support primary care providers. Second, interviews will be conducted with key stakeholders from the first wave of expansion sites to learn about the local implementation and adaptation process. SCOPE has the potential to significantly improve the quality of primary care available to Ontarians; however, interventions often fail to be successfully translated into new settings. This project will allow us to learn from the initial SCOPE expansion sites to inform future spread efforts and support ongoing refinement of the SCOPE model.
This fellowship opportunity provides funding for one year, with opportunity for renewal.
Candidates are expected to:
- Lead the design, implementation and management of the SCOPE program evaluation and literature reviews to achieve the aims of the program
- Work collaboratively with team members to advance the program
- Participate in the preparation of research reports, articles for publication, protocols, letters of intent, grant proposals and presentations;
- Disseminate research using traditional methods (publications, presentations) as well as exploring other more novel forums of communications to translate research and make science accessible to the public;
- Attend and contribute to regular team meetings.
- PhD degree completed
- Expertise in applied health services research, sustainability, spread and scale, and/or program evaluation required
- Experience submitting and management Research Ethics Board applications
- Experience conducting systematic and/or scoping reviews
- Experience conducting qualitative research including interviews, data analysis and management, and reporting
- Familiarity with qualitative data organization/management systems, such as NVIVO
- Ability to manage complex projects, including stakeholder communication and management
- Flexible, creative thinker
- A team player
- Provide a cover letter summarizing your research interests, career plans, future research goals, and when you would be available to begin a post-doctoral Fellowship;
- Current CV;
- Names and e-mails of two references (current/former supervisors)
- Send the above via email by Friday, September 30th at 5:00 p.m. to email@example.com with ‘Postdoctoral Fellow Application’ in the subject line.