Women’s College Hospital is the first and only independent, academic, ambulatory care hospital in Ontario with a primary focus on the health of women. If you’re ready to be part of the future of healthcare, then you will want to join an institution in which the possibilities for creative innovation, breakthroughs in new thinking and ground-breaking work in academic ambulatory medicine are limitless. Women’s College Hospital is committed to patient safety as a key professional value and an essential component of daily practice.
The position will offer a unique postdoctoral training experience in the area of perinatal mental health. The postdoctoral research fellow will work with a national team of perinatal mental health experts to oversee a Health Canada-funded project aiming to develop a national clinical guideline of best practices in identifying and treating mood, anxiety and related disorders in pregnancy and postpartum period in Canada. The individual will work closely with and assist Dr. Vigod and study team members in research and program administrative tasks, specifically with systematic review and epidemiological tasks, as well as with engagement with diverse stakeholders (e.g., clinicians, people with lived experience).
The position will be supervised by Dr. Simone Vigod, Head, Department of Psychiatry, Women’s College Hospital, and Professor, Department of Psychiatry and Institute of Health Policy, Management and Evaluation, University of Toronto. Dr. Vigod is a leading expert in perinatal mood disorders and has conducted some of the largest studies worldwide on maternal mental illness around the time of pregnancy. Dr. Vigod’s research is helping raise awareness about gaps in access to specialized perinatal mental healthcare, as well as identifying vulnerable populations where these gaps are most prominent.
This fellowship opportunity provides full-time funding for 16 months, with opportunity for extension. Candidates are expected to:
- Conduct literature searches using PubMed, MEDLINE, or other health sciences databases
- Perform high-level data analysis including application of statistical analysis techniquesParticipates in code development, cleaning, and quality control exercises
- Assist in interpretation of results and writing for peer-review publication and other knowledge translation products
- Coordinate, prepare for, and lead stakeholder meetings including creating agenda, preparing minutes, organizing logistics and obtaining and synthesizing key information for next steps
- Assist with other project tasks as required; the successful candidate may also have opportunities to contribute to other research projects lead by Dr. Vigod and other Scientists at Women’s College Hospital
- PhD or MD completed
- Research experience in academic environment
- Expertise in epidemiology or health services research
- Excellent computer skills and software expertise, including expertise with programs and software related to conducting systematic reviews and/or meta-analyses
- Ability to manage complex projects, including stakeholder communication and management
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively independently and in a team environment with a wide variety of people at different levels
- Flexible, creative thinker
- Record of publications in peer reviewed journals an asset
Range: $60,000-75,000, dependent on qualifications and experience
Interested applicants to this program should submit:
- Their CV;
- A cover letter (2 pages max.) summarizing their relevant experience, research interests, career plans, and future research goals;
- Names and e-mails of two references (current/former supervisors)
Application Deadline: 11:59 PM, July 4, 2023
For further information about the fellowship program, or to submit your application package, contact: email@example.com