REDCap is a secure web platform for building and managing online databases and surveys. REDCap’s streamlined process for rapidly creating and designing projects offers a vast array of tools that can be tailored to virtually any data collection strategy.
WCH REDCap Support Services
To support our researchers, WCHRI offers two REDCap support models.
- Full build by WCH REDCap Support Services (at cost)
- This option allows WCH Researchers access to a trained REDCap Administrator to build their databases and surveys to the specifications required.
- This is particularly suitable for projects with complex study design requiring custom functions.
- To maximize the platform’s capabilities, and to provide an estimated budget, WCH REDCap Support Services requires the Protocol, CRFs, and Data Management Plan together with the Project Intake Form.
- Super User Build (no cost)
- WCH REDCap Support Services will provide access to an empty project at no cost to the WCH Researchers upon request to the REDCap Super Users who have completed mandatory training.
- WCH REDCap Support Services will review project requirement for appropriateness of the build and confirm feasibility. WCH REDCap Support Services reserves the right to require the build by its REDCap administrator based on the assessment of the project complexity in order to minimize risk to the platform.
- WCH REDCap Support Services will be responsible for REDCap system administration (e.g. system upgrades, periodic threat risk assessments, system validation, and user account management).
- In addition to the documented training and bi-weekly drop-in sessions.
REDCap Drop-In Sessions
WCH REDCap Support Services regularly hosts twice-weekly REDCap drop-in sessions to support our researchers in addition to the documented training materials. Drop-in sessions are intended to provide an informal opportunity to research teams that may require more complex solutions specific to their projects. Pre-registration is not required.
Please note that WCH REDCap training sessions and support services are provided for the benefit of WCH staff and researchers only.
WCH REDCap Users Guide
WCH REDCap Users Guide 1.0 (Version date 26OCT2022) – This guide outlines and describes how to use REDCap functionalities as approved for use at Women’s College Hospital.
Health Canada Regulated Clinical Trials
WCH REDCap Support Services maintains a validated instance of REDCap for use in Health Canada regulated investigator-initiated clinical trials. System level validation is intended to support academic researchers comply with GCP requirements, as applicable. Kindly note that in addition to system level validation as maintained by WCH Support Services, each clinical trial will require project level validation by the study teams.
If you are planning an investigator-initiated clinical trial that requires a Health Canada submission, please contact email@example.com for consultation.
- Researchers should connect with the REDCap team early in the process. The sooner they are involved the greater help they can be.
- REDCap is highly customizable. Teams should provide their full list of requirements in order to maximize the platform’s capabilities.
- All documentation must be completed before REDCap is able to move to production.
- This course presents critical concepts and practical methods to support planning, collection, storage, and dissemination of data in clinical research. The course covers various EDCs with a focus on REDCap
- Informational REDCap videos that can help you get started and gain a better understanding of the REDCap application and its functionality
- Series of YouTube video tutorials on REDCap as developed by the CAMH REDCap team
- Series of YouTube video tutorials on REDCap as developed by the University of Colorado
- Introductory guide to starting REDCap projects as developed by the University of Alberta
- A 1 hour 20 minute video developed by the University of Chicago introducing REDCap
- A short beginner’s guide to REDCap developed by the University of Chicago
- Extensive list of video tutorials on REDCap features a Q&A and miscellaneous topics
This is being developed and updates will be shared shortly.
Protocol, Case Report Forms (CRFs), and anything related to the project (e.g. data management plans, statistical analysis plans, etc.). REB / APQIP Approvals, Contracts, etc. would be needed as they become available, and must be provided before going into production.
Yes, but they need project-by-project review.
No, as per the license agreement, the Project Owner (PI, Co-PI, etc.) must be employed or affiliated with WCH.
For more information about REDCap, please contact:
- Chris Battiston, REDCap Administor and Research Data Analyst firstname.lastname@example.org