Women’s College Hospital (WCH) is the first and only independent, academic, ambulatory care hospital in Ontario with a primary focus on the health of women. If you’re ready to be part of the future of healthcare, then you will want to join an institution in which the possibilities for creative innovation, breakthroughs in new thinking and groundbreaking work in academic ambulatory medicine are limitless. WCH is committed to patient safety as a key professional value and an essential component of daily practice.
Affecting up to three per cent of the population, psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis are skin and joint diseases with significant impact on quality of life and long-term morbidity and mortality. Both conditions share several underlying immunologic mechanisms, however, differences in pro-inflammatory pathways between the skin and joint inflammation exits. The emergence of biologic medications that target specific pathways in psoriatic disease highlight the importance of better understanding the underlying mechanisms linking psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis.
An exciting opportunity as a Master’s Student exists at WCH working in the area of immunology of psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis under the co-supervision of Dr. Lihi Eder (Rheumatology) and Dr. Vincent Piguet (Dermatology).
The position is conditional upon acceptance of the applicant to the MSc program at the Institute of Medical Science at the University of Toronto.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Completed BA or BSc in Science, Immunology or related area.
- Minimum A- (80% or First in Class Distinction) average in 3 of the 4 years (including final year) of the undergraduate degree.
- Experience in laboratory methods and/or bioinformatics is an asset.
- Research experience in academic environment.
- Exceptional organizational skills.
- Exceptional writing and communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills and software expertise.
Interested applicants should submit:
- Their CV and transcript from their undergraduate studies;
- A letter summarizing their research interests, career plans, and future research goals;
- A letter of recommendation from a supervisor.
For further information about the placement or to submit your application package, please contact: Farnaz Bazeghi Farnaz.Bazeghi@wchospital.ca
Deadline: Position is open until filled.