Women’s College Hospital (WCH) is the first and only independent, academic, ambulatory care hospital in Ontario with a primary focus on the health of women. If you’re ready to be part of the future of healthcare, then you will want to join an institution in which the possibilities for creative innovation, breakthroughs in new thinking and groundbreaking work in academic ambulatory medicine are limitless. WCH is committed to patient safety as a key professional value and an essential component of daily practice.
Transgender healthcare access issues are prominent in Canada and worldwide, with significant health gaps in access to skilled primary, emergency and specialty care services, which may include, for some individuals, access to medically necessary surgical services. WCH is proud to have establish the first Transition-Related Surgery (TRS) Program at a publically funded hospital in Canada. Additionally, WCH has a research focus on enhancing training and healthcare service delivery for sexual assault victims from marginalized populations including the transgender community.
An exciting opportunity as a Post-Doctoral Fellow exists at WCH working in the area of Transgender Health and Transition-Related Surgery, reporting jointly to Dr. David Urbach and Janice Du Mont, EdD.
Summary of Expectations, but not limited to:
- Lead and contribute as a team member to the development, design and conduct of research related to transition-related surgery.
- Support research and associated knowledge translation efforts to maximize system impact towards promoting equity and reducing health gaps for members of the transgender community.
- Actively participate in research team meetings.
- Contribute to the development of grant applications.
- Disseminate research using traditional methods (publications, presentations) as well as exploring other more novel forms of knowledge translation and exchange.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Completed PhD in Public Health Sciences, Health Services Research, Epidemiology or related area.
- Demonstrated interest in health of and health care access for transgender communities.
- Knowledge of transition-related surgeries and healthcare access.
- A high level of potential and/or proven scientific productivity as demonstrated by publications in peer reviewed journals, awards and relevant committee participation.
- Research experience in academic environment.
- Exceptional organizational skills.
- Exceptional writing and communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills and software expertise.
Interested applicants should submit:
- Their CV and relevant reprints;
- A letter summarizing their research interests, career plans, and future research goals;
- A letter of recommendation from a supervisor.
Deadline: Fellowship position is open until filled.
For further information about the fellowship, or to submit your application package, please contact: Evelina Rutkowski at Evelina.Rutkowski@wchospital.ca