An exciting full-time one-year opportunity as a Postdoctoral Fellow exists in Women’s College Research Institute (WCRI) and Women’s College Hospital Institute for Health Systems Solutions and Virtual Care (WIHV), reporting to Dr. Laura Desveaux.
We are seeking a highly motivated researcher to work with our team on process evaluations embedded within funded programs of audit and feedback in team-based environments. Specifically, we are looking for a Postdoctoral Fellow with an interest in individual and/or team-based behaviour change interventions who would participate in the evaluation of initiatives aiming to 1) improve the quality of care in general internal medicine units and 2) improve the implementation of a decision support tool in emergency departments. There would be flexibility to pursue additional projects and analyses related to understanding what drives variations in care and tailoring interventions accordingly. The Fellow would be funded by a grant from the Canadian Institutes of Health Research and would be directly supervised by Dr. Desveaux, with support from Dr. Noah Ivers, and would have the opportunity to work with a variety of co-investigators and health system decision makers. The position is for one year with the possibility of extension.
Qualifications and Experience:
- We are seeking a talented individual with ambitions to advance their career by capitalizing on involvement in a range of multi-disciplinary, collaborative health system improvement projects.
- Any individual within five years of completion of a doctoral degree undertaking supplementary research work
- Strong quantitative and qualitative methodological skills
- Proven ability to utilize relevant theory (e.g., from health psychology, sociology, behavioural economics) to understand mechanisms of action, identify active ingredients, and explore effect modifiers of complex quality improvement interventions
- Professional behaviour and communication that meets the standards of the professional regulatory college or association, as applicable, and the standards of Women’s College Hospital
- This position plays a critical role in acting as an advocate for safety and will demonstrate principles, practices and processes that will optimize a safe environment for all
Send the following via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Postdoctoral Fellow Application’ in the subject line:
- Cover letter summarizing your research interests, career plans, future research goals, and when you would be available to begin a postdoctoral fellowship
- Current CV
- Two relevant first-author publications
- Names and contact details of two references (current/former supervisors)