Application Deadline: 2020 nominations have closed.
Award Value: up to $10,000
The Benita M. Warmbold Fellowship in Health System Innovation is made possible by the generosity of Mrs. Benita Warmbold. The objective of this fellowship is to support emerging health system leaders to advance the research and implementation science of health system innovations through tuition support for a related master's, PhD degree or postdoctoral fellowship. Health system innovations, or new models of care, are solutions which target improving patient health outcomes and improving patient experience of care while reducing system or patient level costs. The successful applicant will work under the guidance of a WIHV Innovation Fellow for the duration of the academic year.
This scholarship is granted on an annual basis by the Women's College Hospital Foundation and the Women's College Hospital Institute for Health System Solutions and Virtual Care (WIHV) to cover up to 50% of the tuition costs for an eligible program.
- Demonstrated interest in implementation science and new models of health care delivery;
- Demonstrated interest in knowledge translation;
- Demonstrated research ability/potential;
- Strong leadership and interpersonal abilities an asset;
- Background in health technology an asset;
- Enrolled in graduate or post-doctoral study in health sciences, health services research, health policy, health administration, quality improvement and patient safety, public policy or related discipline;
- Commitment to funding 50% of tuition (either by the recipient, a hospital department, or researcher).
To apply, please download and complete the application form, which includes the following sections and attachments:
- Biographical information;
- Brief statement of interest (one page);
- Research proposal (one page);
- Curriculum vitae (CV), including any publications, presentations, and awards;
- Reference letters: two letters of reference, at least one of which must be from an academic reference;
- Current transcript
- Proof of enrollment in related academic program and statement of tuition owed;
For more information, please contact Zahra Ismail at Zahra.Ismail@wchospital.ca.